Garage Sale Weekend

>> Saturday, June 16, 2007

This weekend is one of the largest garage sale weekends in the area in these parts. Two large neighborhoods have garage sales on this weekend. One of them in Happy Valley, has over 150 homes involved every year. This year they had 126 registered, but there were alot more people than that having sales, because they werent on the map. So I know it was well over 150. On Friday I scored a beautiful Armoire that I have been wanting for a long time. It matches my dining room table, but I never wanted to spend the money on it, but at the price of $100 I couldnt pass it up. Check this baby out! Its BEAUTIFUL!




This guy is made of pine with a very rustic look. My whole house is decorated in the rustic look, I love it. Moose, cowboy. you name it. fishing. I just love this theme, because it is so much a part of our life. So this armoire fit right in. I feel so blessed to have received it. The people I bought it from were absolutely wonderful people. Which made the sale so much better. Thank you cathy for parting with this beautiful piece. :o)

So you saw my goodies from Fridays adventure. today was even better. Because I"m a fitness instructor as well as a designer, I scored a whole new fitness wardrobe at one sale. A lady who is a sales person for Ryka & avia was having a sale on what they call Samples. Designs that Ryka/Avia made as samples of new designs. And they are top of line samples. I got them all for $5 piece. What a steal. I couldnt believe it. I'm going to be one stylish instructor. Lol.. If you have ever had the pleasure of purchasing fitness clothes, you know that the selection of clothes are pretty limited. In color and style. very simple clothes. Well these are far from it. Check them out! All brand new with tags on it them and all. I am so excited.

I just love this time of year. I never miss this sale! It is so awesome! I usually get all of my kids clothes at this sale every year, and then I dont have to worry about clothes for them the rest of the year. I mean really, my kids are so young they grow out of them faster than they ware them out. So why not buy them used. Plus this is an upper class neighborhood, so you know the clothes coming out of it are really nice and well kept. They are all in really good shape. For more information on this garage sale go check it out here. and if you are in the area on the 3rd weekend in June, I highly recommend this sale. I can easily drop $300 to $400 at this sale every year, there is just so much available in good shape and at good prices. I save all year long for this sale. Ok, so I admit it, I'm a junkie for garage sales. But this one especially. I hope you all had a weekend as great as mine!

4 comments:

HG 5:39 AM  

Now THAT sounds like my kind of FUN! I would love to go to a gigantic garage sale like that. Congrats on all your new goodies and that armoir is gorgeous! My house is decorated similar to yours. I have bears,horses, a moose here and there and then lots of rodeo stuff on the walls like an old ad for levis with a pic taken from the calgary stampede, an old george strait poster that was an ad for stetson, a highball glass from the burt reynolds ranch (okay, laugh all you want at that one!), and rodeo pictures taken by me...etc. :)

Brook 7:08 AM  

WOO HOO! Congrats on the haul! I'm glad that you had a great time. It's been too rainy here to do anything.

Anonymous,  9:22 PM  

Well RATS!! I missed it! I didn't even know about it...and here I am in Milwaukie. But I helped my daughter move over the weekend, so wouldn't have made it anyway. So maybe I should note the date in Yahoo or something for NEXT year, lol. Glad you made such a nice haul!

Anonymous,  6:35 AM  

People should read this.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Blog Archive

Followers

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP