An update

>> Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I just wanted to send you a quick note letting you know why the freebies had slowed down. Its not because I dont love it or think about it every minute of the day . Lol. But I was having some color issues. My colors were looking completely off on my monitor compared to printing or what you were all seeing. So I ordered a Spyder2express from Color Vision... I just got it yesterday. And man o man, is that thing amazing... There is stuff on this monitor I never saw before because the shadows/highlights were off. It has been truly amazing to see this whole new world I have before me. My sister was cracking up at me last night because I was so excited about what I could see that I never did before.. I didnt realize that she had color behind some of her previews on her blog.. that is how bad it was.. I know funny, funny.. but its true. Lol.

So here's my advice to you just in case you dont know. Especially if you are designing. If you have a LCD screen (flat screen) versus a CRT monitor (the tv looking ones) do not use adobe gamma to correct your color. From what I understand adobe gamma was designed for CRT's and not LCD's. So you wont get the correct color. So I did some investigating on the matter and found out about the Spyder2.. .there are different versions of this device. you can find them all at colorvision.com do your homework. Its worth it. But back to my point. Its been said as a designer that you should calibrate your monitor every 6 months to make sure that your color stays consistent. This tool is amazing. You will love it.. its worth the money. I bought mine through amazon/amordora. And I love it... it has saved my designing career. I hope that this advice can save someone else the headaches that I received over this issue. :o)

2 comments:

LVMommy22 7:48 PM  

wow! that sounds great! glad it worked out for you and thanks for the advice!
:) M

Anonymous,  12:12 PM  

Thanks for the info. I can use some help with my color and will check out colorvision.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Blog Archive

Followers

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP