Chris Ledoux Tribute

>> Friday, March 09, 2007

On March 9th, 2005 the world lost a very important man. His name is Chris Ledoux... some of you may be familiar with him... but I"m sure a lot of you are not...so let me take a minute to tell you about him. He is best known as Country Musician...but he was so much more than that. His music was more about Rodeo than anything else which put him in his genre of music. Anyone in the Rodeo world knows Chris Ledoux. Not only was he a great musician but he had payed his dues to sing about what he loved. In 1976 Chris Ledoux had won the title of PRCA World Champion Bareback Bronc Rider. He was one of the elite. Chris Ledoux was very infamous for being a family man, a jokester, a sculpter, and all around good guy who had great morals. On this day my family as well as many others honor this man, because he was such a great role model and stood up for what he believed in… So traditional of the Cowboy! :o) That’s why we love them so. So in honor of Chris here is my tribute. I hope you enjoy it. I think he would’ve. Also I would like to include a Word Art pack that I had created a while back that was done in his honor as well. Enjoy! I hope this day brings you some of what Chris Ledoux offered to this world. I know it does us. :o)





Link Expired
(dont forget to download the cordinating Word art below)


Below is a layout I have done of Chris Ledoux and this kit. Just to give you an idea of what it looks like in use.. Isnt he handsome?




I havent forgotten.. Here is the Chris Ledoux Word Art pack. I had released this sometime ago, so if you are familiar with my work, you will recognize it. If you are new to my work, then this will be new to you. Most of this word art is done in retrospect of his music. I hope you enjoy it.



Link Expired

Dont forget to leave some love! And please send me any links to the work you do with my art.. I would love to see what you do with it. :o) Also, there are more freebies below. Check them out.





16 comments:

Rebecca 1:49 PM  

It's amazing how people who we never get a chance to meet can not only influence us but also take a place in our heart. I had a friend who felt that way about John Denver and to be able to see others through the eyes of one's that love them, is a gift of enlightenment. Thank you for telling me about such a "real" cowboy and of course for the beautiful kit in his honor and memory.

Anonymous,  2:42 PM  

I was a Chris Ledoux fan too. He is sorely missed. I got the word art when you put it up the first time, and this is a nice addition to it. Thank you very much :)

Joy 3:27 PM  

Thank you for the freebies... they are wonderful...what a wonderful tribute.

Joy

Anonymous,  6:13 PM  

I don't recognize the name but now I will do a search on him.
I listen to country so maybe I've heard his music, regardless I'm curious now! :)
Thanks so much for everything, it's great! I really like how you took barbed wire and made the frame, nice idea!! :D

PSharp 7:01 PM  

Thank you for the great kit and the wonderful wordart.

HG 10:07 PM  

Absolutely beautiful freebies. DH and I both love Chris Ledoux. He was an incredible champion rodeo cowboy.

Anonymous,  10:38 PM  

Thank you for the Freebies and your warm words about Chris Ledoux.

paintingsiggi 11:40 PM  

Really enjoyed your Chris Ledoux tribute - thank you for the wonderful kit. :)

Amy W. 6:55 PM  

Thank you for the freebies sweetie!
-Amy

Laura 9:41 PM  

Thanks so much for sharing all of this!

nancypinct 1:07 AM  

Awesome Kit and rodeo words. Thank you for this nice gift1.

Petra 7:09 AM  

hope you don't mind my saying so but there's a spelling mistake in the wordart - should read "'cause they're all..." Any chance of getting it properly done? Wouldn't want to use it like this... Thanks for all your sharing!

Kris 10:12 AM  

Petra.. I dont mind thank you for bringing it my attention...I'm in the process of fixing that one and I will repost.. Sorry for the mistake.

xashee's corner 8:35 AM  

thanks so much for sharing your talent!! i didnt know his music but will :)

Anonymous,  6:27 PM  

I do not know on what planet I've been on, but I had missed this news. I love C&W music and that is so sad to lose another good man -- and he wasn't that old either!

Sara

marsha 8:28 PM  

This is so awesome!! I need to do a tribute page to Chris. I was first introduced to his music in 1980. My college roomate talked me into sending him some songs I wrote. He wrote me back a letter. he didn't record any of my stuff... looking back it was preety bad!! LOL! But he very gently let me down!! I need to dig through stuff and see if I saved that letter!! Thanks for these awesome freebies!!

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Blog Archive

Followers

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP